Tuition and intro package payments for new students are due on or before the first scheduled lesson/class day. Registration fees are non-refundable. Registration paperwork and fees are due 3 days prior to your first scheduled lesson/class.
For continuing students. In order to reserve your current lesson time, payments are due by or before the Session payment due date. Please refer to Session payment due date calendar.
Fees are prorated for students entering after the session has started.
RSM reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment. In such cases, all unused tuition fees will be refunded.
A $15 late fee will be added to any late payments.
Informing a teacher of intent to cancel or make-up a lesson does not constitute notice to RSM. The school office must be notified at least 24 hours in advance of any absence.
Each student is allotted ONE make-up lesson per session (the office must be notified at least 24 hours in advance of your absence in order to use your one allotted make-up lesson for the session).
“Day of” cancellations, for any reason are not subject to make-up lessons and will be charged.
Richardson School of Music is not obligated to make-up lessons or classes due to inclement weather, student non-attendance, illness, vacation, etc. School closing announcements can be found on the school website www.richardsonschoolofmsuic.com or by calling the school 301-660-4455 and listening for a recorded school closure announcement.
A sub is provided for teacher absences. If we are unable to provide a sub for your lesson, the office will contact you to schedule a make-up lesson. The Richardson School of Music reserves the right to substitute faculty when necessary.
In the event you miss a group class, you may attend a comparable class (please ask the office for assistance if you’re interested in this make-up option) or you may attend a make-up day held during the session. If your instructor is absent and a sub is not available, additional class time may be added to one, two or several of your classes in order to make-up the class time missed.
All make-up lessons and classes are held the Session they are missed.
Credits or refunds are not issued for missed lessons.
Change of Instructor
- RSM assigns private instructors in order to make the best possible match before studies begin.
- If a change is desired please contact call office at 301-660-4455. Richardson School of Music reserves the right to substitute faculty when necessary.
RSM reserves the right to ask any student to leave if he or she is disruptive or interferes with the safety of others, is frequently absent, has overdue tuition and /or parental noncompliance with stated policies. There will be no refund if this occurs.
- Two weeks notice must be given for withdrawal of a student.
- Cancellation must be made in writing.
- There is a withdrawal fee equal to two weeks of tuition for each activity when a student withdrawals before lessons or classes begin.
- A student who has already started lessons and wishes to withdrawal must also give RSM 2 weeks prior notice in writing. The student will be billed for the final two lessons and may attend these lessons if he/she chooses.
- Informing a teacher of intent to withdrawal does not constitute notice to RSM. If a students has given RSM the proper notification and all tuition payments are up-to-date, the School will issue a refund for any lessons remaining beyond the 2-week notification period.
- Registration and material fees are not refundable.
- Payment must be received to ensure a place in class.
- RSM admits students of any race, religion, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school.
School Closings / Inclement Weather
In the event of inclement weather, The Richardson School of Music makes decisions regarding closures independently of local school districts.
RSM reserves the right to cancel classes due to inclement weather and holidays.
RSM is not obligated to make-up lessons or classes due to inclement weather.
For school closure information please go to our website at www.richardsonschoolofmusic.com or call 301-660-4455.
Weekday Closings: An official announcement will be placed on RSM’s voicemail greeting at 301-660-4455 and on our website by 7:30 AM for morning lessons and classes, and by 1:00 PM for afternoon lessons and classes. If inclement weather conditions occur later in the day, RSM reserves the right to make a decision at a later time.
Weekend Closings: Closing updates for Saturday lessons and classes will be placed on RSM’s voicemail greeting by 8:00 AM. For Sunday events, an official announcement will be placed on RSM’s voicemail greeting by 12:00 PM.
Photo/Video Release Policy
- Photographs and video of students may be taken for Richardson School of Music publications and/or news releases.
- No compensation is provided to individuals who appear in the publications.
- If you do not wish for you or your child to appear in our publications, please make note of this on your registration form.
- To ensure your child’s safety, please be sure to pick him/her up promptly after each class/lesson time.
- Faculty and staff do not supervise children waiting before or after classes.
- Children are under supervision during their instruction time only. Neither instructors or administrators are responsible for supervising children outside of teaching time.
- Students are not allowed in classrooms other than instruction or scheduled lab time.
- No food or drinks are permitted in RSM. Please be respectful of others at all times.
Acceptance of Policies
- Payment of class fees/Beginning lessons implies acceptance of all policies stated.
*Please note that policies are subject to change. Official announcements will be made if such changes occur.*